Android Emulator and the WAIT() command
04-24-2015, 10:24 PM
RE: Android Emulator and the WAIT() command
(04-23-2015 11:19 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I just copied and pasted text from a browser (your comment actually), and then something from another application. No issues at all. That was in english on a Nexus 5 running 5.1. I know quite a few other people have mentioned pasting in programs and whatnot, so I suspect might be something specific over there causing the issue.

Your device/version/language settings would potentially help track down what might be happening here. Private message/email me if you'd prefer not to post it directly. Else, I believe there is a support email in the application page somewhere.

Tim,

I have the emulator copy/paste problem identified. The file that I cannot cut/paste into the emulator is Unicode encoded. I tested to see if that was the actual issue by creating two copies of my program, one saved with UTF-8 encoding, the other Unicode encoding. The UTF-8 copies and pastes into the emulator with no problem regardless of the editor used to open and copy the file. The Unicode version has the same issue as I originally reported to you yesterday. It seems the emulator cannot handle Unicode encoded text whereas the Android text editors can. The “work around” is to insure that any text file you are trying to copy and paste into the emulator has UTF-8 encoding… Or, as previously stated in my email, open the file with Jota on the Android device and copy it from there, as that editor copies to the clipboard with a compatible encoding.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android Emulator and the WAIT() command - kharpster - 04-24-2015 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)