WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
10-15-2019, 01:45 PM
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
(04-10-2015 05:13 PM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 12:54 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I Agree with Sanjeev, and well-said. PDF copies should definitely be marked with the original owner's name to avoid casual copying of the file, but that's sufficient, IMHO. Easily > 100 copies can be quickly sold, and while no one will retire on that, the proceeds will more than cover the effort to mark and email the files, plus add a little for the devteam to share.

I also think sooner is better, while interest in Walter's new tutorial is high, the new 34S features from Bit are being explored and before interest shifts to the 43S.
Me too

I just received my 34S V3.3 manual (PDF) from Dr. Bonin. It has my name on each page [good], but also displays a yellow watermark diagonally across every page [not so good]. Maybe I'll learn to ignore it, but I find it very annoying as I'm trying to read and absorb the information.

It it possible to turn it off? I've done my best at searching for an option for it, but I'm only finding third-party hacks. I just want a clean copy to read. After reading these posts I see there is a lot of concern for security of the document. I get that. But from a useability perspective I find the watermark objectionable if I cannot turn it off.

I hope I'm just missing a simple [view]-->[watermarks]-->[off] option in Acrobat Reader DC for Windows. (Yes, I'm currently using Windows for the time being.)

Any help from our community is greatly appreciated. Even if it's only commiserating. :-)

JP

Georgia, USA
10BII+, 12C, 14B (AE), 17B, 17BII, 20B, WP-34S, 28S, 35S, 39GS, 48G, 82240A,B
+ sliderules galore, mostly Hemmi/Post & Dietzgen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability? - jpcuzzourt - 10-15-2019 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)