WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
10-15-2019, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2019 03:23 PM by burkhard.)
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
(10-15-2019 01:45 PM)jpcuzzourt Wrote:  I just received my 34S V3.3 manual (PDF) from Dr. Bonin. It has my name on each page [good], but also displays a yellow watermark diagonally across every page [not so good]. Maybe I'll learn to ignore it, but I find it very annoying as I'm trying to read and absorb the information.

Yeah, I feel your pain. I gently complained about that to Walter also, but he was most adamant about needing it to remain. Personally, I think that with EVERY PAGE having my name (spelled wrong as it turns out...) in the footer, I things are pretty safe. Is anyone going to take the effort to cover up his name on 339 pages in order to pirate the manual to a small user base? Unlikely.

I do wish that is something they reconsider, certainly for the futureware WP43S, if it follows the same business model for its manual. I do think the WP34S is a great calculator and a fantastic example of a successful worldwide collaboration enthusiast project. I've bought both the hard manual and also the PDF in order to support the teams' expenses a bit. It's truly a fine manual, too... The PDF is very handy for cntl-F searching. I'm fairly reasonable... The (misspelt) name in the footer is fine; it's only that giant killer watermark that drives me a bit batty and really detracts from the work. It's like an architect designing an elegant mansion with great attention to detail and then spray-painting his firm's name over the whole front of the completed facade.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability? - burkhard - 10-15-2019 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)