Dismal Arithmetic & 3 Progs for 49G & Others
04-22-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: Dismal Arithmetic with Two Programmes for the HP 49G
(04-22-2015 08:54 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  I have two problems in implementing your suggestion, one is a question of principle, the second practical.

1 A calculator should be a portable independent unit. All of the programmes I have written for 48G, 42S, 49G & 50g have been written on the calculator, occasionally in the middle of nowhere, ie no mains electricity. Having to download from an object the size of a lap-top or PC is simply not practicable.

I agree, and I can tell you that yesterday evening I’ve written these programs directly on my Prime. The only point is that with calculators as complex as the 48/50 or Prime you need some practice to be used to the keyboard and where to find the different functions. It can be easier to write programs on a computer when possible. Of course in case of the Prime the keyboard contrast makes it a bit more difficult for aging eyes … (and mine are also on the aging side now).

(04-22-2015 08:54 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  2 I have downloaded your progs & stored them in pure text files on my home computer but they aren't accepted by the calculator.

Well, I just copy/paste from the forum to the connectivity kit after creating a new program on the Prime from the connectivity kit (right click on “Programs” and select “New”) and it works fine. Anyway I’ve attached the .hpprgm file that you should be able to directly drag and drop in the connectivity kit, then you just need to open it on your Prime and Check it before using it.

.zip  Dismal.zip (Size: 417 bytes / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dismal Arithmetic with Two Programmes for the HP 49G - Didier Lachieze - 04-22-2015 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)