Just bought another (new) 50g...
05-01-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g...
(04-30-2015 05:43 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  electrolyte caps tend to last longer (if it has them) when they are used frequently. The same holds true for LCD displays (use them some and they will last longer).

I also recently purchased a backup 50G, and, thanks to the above excellent point, the backup is now in use.

It is interesting to note the change in the case, and nice to see that the newer one's cloth case has a hard layer to protect the display and keys.

These are used to verify unit conversion and math in other people's tech documents and articles. It's interesting to see how many published journal articles and owner's manuals have math errors. I got the backup due to the nice unit-conversion capabilities.

( I also have the 15C from the 80s, which spent many years riding around in the truck to compute fuel efficiency, until one day I realized how stupid that was and how expensive a replacement would be. Now a four-banger is riding in the truck and the 15C is back in use on the desk. )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Just bought another (new) 50g... - Sukiari - 04-27-2015, 12:59 AM
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g... - Han - 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Just bought another (new) 50g... - Brian D - 05-01-2015 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)