41C data collection memory
12-12-2013, 03:54 AM
41C data collection memory
Here is a 41C related thread to get things started.

When I started college, I had a TI59 and the printer. I was working in a chemistry lab at the Denver Research Institute for work study, and my boss had an HP45, then he acquired an HP41C, which was great fun to play. He encouraged me to also get an 41C, saying he knew someone who would pay top dollars for my TI59. So, with that arranged and the money in hand, we made the trek to downtown Denver to the Auraria campus book store where HP calcs and accessories were readily available. Needless to say I spent days reading the manuals and trying things out. It was a big step up from the TI59 in capabilities.

I eventually was able to scrape together the money for the quad memory and time modules. With that combo, I was able to use my 41C to collect data about the inter-arrival times of cars at a traffic light controlled intersection for use in a modelling project in my statistics class. I was able to demonstrate that at that time of day (late afternoon), if the westbound traffic doubled, there would be excessive delays unless the timing of the signal were changed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41C data collection memory - cruff - 12-12-2013 03:54 AM
RE: 41C data collection memory - Joe Horn - 01-26-2014, 04:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)