HP Prime PC-side software no longer runs on Wine?
05-21-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: HP Prime PC-side software no longer runs on Wine?
(05-20-2015 03:28 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I don't know enough about wine to tell you anything other then we aren't intentionally breaking things.

Thanks Tim,

I hope my post didn't seem to suggest that you might be trying to break things! Judging by the list of fixes/enhancements in the update, you must all have been very busy fixing things. Thank you for that.

I don't know enough about Wine either (yet) to know what's going wrong. I only use Wine for the Prime software and for Debug4x/Emu48, and since those have worked "out of the box" I haven't looked under the hood yet. Apparently some tweaking can be done to get more recalcitrant software to behave. I'll get on with my homework.

Quote:However, there were several changes that might be important for you.

1. We moved from visual studio 2008 to 2013. Not sure how that might impact wine.
2. We now install the 2013 c++ redists. I suspect that is what is failing (the install of that part)

Thanks for that information. Certainly the first error in the log is immediately after the attempted install of vcredist_x86.exe, so that gives me a place to start my research.

Quote:Have you tried installing and moving the files over once installed to eliminate the potential install issue?

That's a possibility. I'd have to find a Windows machine (I understand they're ubiquitous so that shouldn't be too hard). But ascertaining which files across the file system and Registry entries were modified/added, might be challenging.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime PC-side software no longer runs on Wine? - nlj - 05-21-2015 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)