Suggestion for the "Explorer" apps
06-24-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Suggestion for the "Explorer" apps
(06-24-2015 05:51 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

The 3 explorer apps have one and only one aim: help kids that are learning linear, quadratic and trig function to understand the symbolic/graphical link specific to this function form. Trig explorer is also great to teach how extra parameters around an existing function of X affects the graphical representation of the function.

This means that for about 1h in the life of someone they are incredibly useful and that they are then worth nothing (or useless as you put it).

Place a quad explorer app in the hand of a math teacher that teaches at that level and see their eyes pop out as they immediately see the value of it.

Cyrille
Cyrille, there is something that escapes me and I think this discussion has two levels.
One level is the feature itself and I'm not going to question it.
Another aspect is that young children learning quadratic functions generally have a 20€ Casio at school; it is enough for their need, suited to family budgets and not a big loss when it is broken or lost. Parents and students consider the acquisition of 150€ calculators much later during their cursus, basically when they go to university or other preparatory schools. So I struggle to understand why you should find first grader tools on a calculator that, budget wise, seems to be targeting higher education levels. What is the positioning of the Prime on the market? Does Hp now only consider teachers as the primary customers for the Prime? I'm lost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for the "Explorer" apps - eried - 06-18-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Suggestion for the "Explorer" apps - Tugdual - 06-24-2015 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)