Possible bug in Time Setting
06-26-2015, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2015 04:55 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Possible bug in Time Setting
(06-26-2015 04:38 PM)kharpster Wrote:  Now, it may be just me, but the term settings combined with the ability to change same has the generally accepted implication that what I enter will replace the existing data.

Agreed.

Quote:The manual does not state that the seconds will be disregarded on this view, and in fact it, the view allows them to be entered.

Well, that is the source of my confusion. It only allows you to enter hours and minutes - there is no place to change the "seconds" on the clock here. Were there a place to set the seconds and it did not accept them then yes, I'd agree there was a bug to be resolved.

What seems to be happening, is that he is wanting to set a specific time down to the second resolution. However, because this is a view - the instant a number is typed in the clock is changed. There is no accept/apply/update etc button to click on to validate the changes. So instead, he is watching the clock to press ESC so that the seconds will be set to 0 at that instant.

If that is the goal, I am wondering why using the method of typing hh.mmss and storing it into "Time" would not save him up to a minute of valuable time.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Possible bug in Time Setting - bobkrohn - 06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Possible bug in Time Setting - Tim Wessman - 06-26-2015 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)