[wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches
07-02-2015, 06:46 AM
RE: [wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches
(07-02-2015 05:27 AM)emece67 Wrote:  Because xIN/xOUT force DBLON mode and existing (and the new) matrix ops only work in DBLOFF mode.

It would be easy enough to add an extra xIN flag to avoid the switch to double which could be useful elsewhere.

Quote:Evenmore, I want the matrix operations to be able to work with matrices stored in local registers, but I was unable to do that with xIN/xOUT (despite the ENABLE_COPYLOCALS option, perhaps I didn't understand the existing code here). These forced me to use the IINIT hack.

I thought matrices could be allocated in locals, the code looks like it tries to allow that. Maybe this isn't useful inside xIN/xOUT which creates a very limited stack in volatile RAM.

It looks like copy locals copies them in from outside the xIN/xOUT pair. I don't remember why this was included -- Marcus did most of this stuff he might remember.

The big issue I see with IINIT is it destroys the I register which isn't good for the user. You could allocate a local register frame with the LocR command and use those flags/registers if xIN/xOUT aren't working.

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [wp34s] The Matrix Reloaded patches - Paul Dale - 07-02-2015 06:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)