What Was Your First Programming Language?
07-07-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language?
I'm finding this thread very interesting.
We have covered most of the main languages and a few of the more obscure languages.

For the Fortran fanatics, did any of you use the "TIDY" and "FTNCHECK" utilities to clean up old Fortran code? When I was maintaining AXCESS, which was a large Fortran energy simulation program that had been developed on an IBM/360 mainframe, I was asked to convert it to the new IBM PC. I used TIDY and FTNCHECK a lot to add some structural to the source code.

Now to move on to some more languages:

PROLOG - I have played with several versions of this language over the years, but never used it for any particular project. Has anyone here used this for a production project?

ADA - Another one that I played with a little using AGUSTA which was a subset of ADA. AGUSTA is interesting in that it is written in Turbo Pascal, so you can play around with the Compiler and Interpreter. Has anyone here had experience with ADA?

MODULA - Another one that I played around with, Anyone have experience with MODULA?

OBERON - This was developed by Niklaus Wirth. Not sure if you call it an Operating System, Programing Language, or a Combination of Both. Has anyone here used it?

What are some of the other obscure Programming Languages?

Like I said, I am enjoying this thread.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 07-07-2015 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)