What Was Your First Programming Language?
12-05-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language?
I began with a TI 57 in 1978, it soon was replaced by some Basic Pocket PCs, the Casio PB100, Sharp PC1401, 1475 and the PC-E500, the last 3 I programmed in assembler, too. In that time I learned Fortran on an IBM machine which I never saw, but we had terminals at university, punchcards had been replaced short before my programming course. A friend of mine had a "Brotkasten" (Commodore C64), we used for Basic and I owned a Sinclair ZX Spectrum on which I wrote programs in Basic and Assembler. Then I bought an Atari Mega ST (with Hard disk drive, I wish I still owned that computer), Omikron Basic, 68000 Assembler, Modula II and C were the languages I used on it. This machine then was replaced by a PC due to my needs at work, according to Modula II began with Turbo Pascal and Assembler, followed by C++, which I still use from time to time. The HP28 I owned these days was used for RPL, its battery latch broke.... Next there was a TI92+, TI-Basic and 68k Assembler again, but the machine was too clumbsy, so I bought an HP 48?, then a 49, a 49G+.
Now I do not often need to write programs and as they usually are small I do that in HPPL for the Prime or in RPL for my 50G.
Arno
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Was Your First Programming Language? - Arno K - 12-05-2017 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)