Copying Spreadsheet Columns
07-14-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: Copying Spreadsheet Columns
(07-14-2015 09:46 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  Actually there are several reasons not to rush to delete those paragraphs:

from the developers point of view:
1 you might be deleting something you implement in a later version and have to retype.
2 you then have two documents and for most edits both must be edited, doubling the work.

From the users point of view:
If you are using the emulator whilst waiting for access to the real hardware, you might wish to sturdy how to use the calculator - and so need the description of connectivity.

Of course, a page indicating which features apply to the emulator would help.

For what it is worth, some documentation out there is much less useful than HP's -
Some others could more accurately be referred to as specifiction than specification.

OK. So now we're saying that the convenience for the developer takes priority over the frustration of his customer?

I've now heard the reasons for not bothering to update the instructions more thoroughly, now here are some reasons for doing so. ...

1. The customer may actually want to rely on the help files to get to the truth about what works and what doesn't in the product he's payed for.

2. The customer may not want to spend his time on forums trying to interpret misinformation

3. The developer may want to provide the customer with a better product, which good help is a part of.

4. The customer may actually purchase the product based on what he reads in the manual beforehand and then find that the product doesn't do what the developer is claiming, which I would have thought is highly dubious legally, or should be.

Given that without the customer the developers would be out of a job I would think that they should be the priority surely?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Copying Spreadsheet Columns - springer5 - 07-09-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: Copying Spreadsheet Columns - Joe Horn - 07-09-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: Copying Spreadsheet Columns - bobkrohn - 07-09-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Copying Spreadsheet Columns - springer5 - 07-14-2015 10:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)