WP 31S/34S: H.MS+/H.MS- anomaly?
08-02-2015, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 03:51 PM by fhub.)
RE: WP 31S/34S: H.MS+/H.MS- anomaly?
(08-02-2015 07:28 AM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  I've uploaded new emulators with the better font fhub found.
Additional infos about this DejaVu font:

1) there's even a more recent version (2.35) on SourceForge (the official site of the font developers):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu/f...javu/2.35/
But since this bug with "2" was already fixed in the previous version, there's no need to update your package again - just as information for future updates.

2) and there's still one more small glitch with this DejaVuSans font:
if you use the option "Use real menus to display catalogs", all characters which go below the ground line are cut-off in this popup menu!
The worst example is the letter 'J' which is displayed in fact as 'I' (e.g. 'D->J' looks like 'D->I'), but also a few other characters like e.g. '"gjpqyQ".
It seems that the height for the entries in these popup menus is too small to fully display those characters.

I don't know if this can be fixed in the Qt-emulator, but at least I've found a solution for me:
I've used the font DejaVuSansMono from the full SourceForge font package, renamed it (just removing the 'Mono' from the name), and use this one instead of the original font - at least for 'J' vs. 'I' this mono-font is indeed looking better.

Franz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
WP 31S/34S: H.MS+/H.MS- anomaly? - 2far - 07-17-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: WP 31S/34S: H.MS+/H.MS- anomaly? - fhub - 08-02-2015 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)