3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
08-02-2015, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 04:43 AM by Monte Dalrymple.)
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
(07-24-2015 04:07 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Thanks to Nate Martin for creating the models and making them available.

As for how good they are, Nate says that the parts made on his old MakerBot 3D printer work OK, but since the parts have never been printed by Shapeways I'm putting them in the Beta category. If folks report that the quality is good I'll remove them from Beta. Smile

Dave

Mine arrived today. I would rate them pretty good overall. The finish is flat, so it doesn't match the slight sheen of the original. The "handle" on the Port cover protrudes out from the calculator more than the original and doesn't go to as close to the ends of the port cover as the original. The side cover is more difficult to insert than the original because the material seems stiffer (or perhaps just thicker.) Overall fit is excellent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs? - Monte Dalrymple - 08-02-2015 04:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)