3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
08-15-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs?
I have received this week my HP-41 3D Print covers.
Unfortunately, they forgot to print the yellow side covers and thats why it is missing in the pictures album.

HP-41 3D Print Covers
https://flic.kr/s/aHskeN7AMv
The pictures name are showed when you hover the mouse over one and let it stay there for a second.

In general the components are very well made but as you will see in the pictures there is sometime a little inconsistency in the final result.
As an example, the yellow battery cover fit nicely but the red battery cover did not fit, I had to cut some part to make it fit and even after that you really have to push hard to insert it in the available space.
Also, the spring holder extrusion is missing in the model, resulting in the springs dropping on the floor when the batteries are not there to hold them.
Finally, the battery space is very tight, unfortunately not enough tight to hold the batteries if no metal battery tighter is there and too tight if it is.
In conclusion, with little modifications to the battery holder model, it could be great, now it is a very nice workable first version.

Best regards,

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3D-printable battery covers and battery packs? - Sylvain Cote - 08-15-2015 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)