Interloop catalogue - does it exist?
06-21-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: Interloop catalogue - does it exist?
After much searching (for something else!) I came across some Interloop documents I'd totally forgotten about:

"HPIL Step Motor Driver, Model #200 Reference Manual", including some 71B example programs and a detailed circuit diagram. About 20 pages.

"HPIL Quick Basic Starter Kit", Intended for the Interloop Model 150 HPIL/IBM PC Interface, Model 210 HPIL I/O Interface, and Model 201 HPIL Stepmotor Driver. Includes Checklists and Notes, plus about 20 pages of QB 4.5 program code.

These look quite real and complete, and are convincing evidence that at least the Model 200 Stepmotor existed and was sold and supported.

With these was a "Pre-Production Release" Spec Sheet from M-Squared Engineering, Inc. (also in San Jose, CA) for the "VL-2000 vocILizer" speech synthesizer for HP-IL, w/attached notes. The notes include specific references to the HP-41 series, HP-75 and Series-80. Although not dated, no mention of the HP-71B implies it is probably from early 1983, prior to the 71B announcement in mid-late '83. The application notes emphasize HP-41 use, and seem to have been written by Applied Computing Technology, perhaps a software vendor that used the VL-2000 hardware in some integrated solutions.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interloop catalogue - does it exist? - rprosperi - 06-21-2017 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)