What to do without Windows 7 or above?
08-04-2015, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2015 10:43 PM by fhub.)
RE: What to do without Windows 7 or above?
(08-04-2015 10:22 PM)smp Wrote:  You are correct, Franz. The files I had downloaded had the names on the right hand side. I renamed them to the names on the left hand side, and then I was able to complete the update process.
Well, then I misunderstood Tim, I thought his direction (-->) would be the direction of renaming.
But it's still a mystery for me:
The old OS version (6975) had also already the names on the right side, and the ConnKit of the same date and version worked with these names, so why didn't it work with the new OS version which has exactly the same names?
Quote:Now, as I indicated in another post, my Prime is no longer recognized by the old version of the HP Connectivity Kit! So, it appears that I'll have to purchase Windows 7 anyway.
Tim already mentioned that it won't recognize the calculator anymore after the update, but if you don't need the ConnKit _immediately_, I would rather wait instead of buying a Win7 just for the HP-Prime - I could imagine that HP makes the ConnKit available again for WinXP with the next update (just a guess).
But if you really want to buy a new Win7, then the 32bit version is definitely enough for this HP stuff.

Franz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to do without Windows 7 or above? - fhub - 08-04-2015 10:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)