newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-09-2015, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 02:29 PM by Han.)
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
For the cursor, I recommend using the alpha indicator with different blinking patterns to indicate the alpha mode. When uppercase alpha mode is on, then the alpha indicator is permanently on. In lower case mode, have it blink. For the cursor itself (in the command line) a solid black box for insert mode and an empty box (just black border) for overwrite mode.

While the current cursor is informative, it makes the command line hard to read because I keep seeing an extra letter (the cursor) which throws me off when quickly glancing at the screen. I think the alpha annunciator's different behaviors would alleviate this problem.

I also think that long and short pressing the alpha key should activate lower and upper case (as an optional setting) in place of pressing alpha multiple times. I am sure some users prefer to quickly tap alpha several times to get the appropriate alpha mode. Me, I prefer a short alpha press to always enforce upper case and long press alpha to always turn on lower case. The current setup stores the previous alpha mode and I find myself hitting alpha 1 to many times when trying to switch cases.

For left and right shift, they should blink when using a long-press so that we can also have long-press shifts. This gives users a visual cue to differentiate between short and long shifts.

EDIT: The fonts do look really nice. I suppose I have gotten used to fonts that have letters being all of the same dimensions. Do you suppose fonts will be user-configurable?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 09-09-2015 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)