newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-23-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-22-2015 05:31 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Ok this is my first impressions on newRPL

I very much like the VAR menu and the quick access the the first six variables. Good idea. I also like the ALPHA behavior.
Finally, somebody who likes the UI! (just joking)

(11-22-2015 05:31 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  So I decided to key in my first program, a typical benchmark program that I have implemented on all my calculators. No success as it used some not implemented yet functions.

BTW I think I have found a bug. The function IP returns 0 if the number is not an integer > 1 but works as it should if the number is an integer or smaller than 1.

For example:
31.5 IP returns 0 (not ok)
31.5. IP returns 0. (not ok)
0.5 IP returns 0 (ok)
0.5. IP returns 0. (ok)
668 IP returns 668 (ok)
668. IP returns 668. (ok)

Yes, that was a bug, now fixed (will come out in the next update). Thanks for the report.

(11-22-2015 05:31 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Now for my personal wish list:

Implement MOD so I can enter my benchmark program ! (I know I can use "x DUP y / IP y * -" but it would not be the same benchmark... and IP does not work ;-)

Binds more keys like x^2, srt_x(y), LN e^x, etc as I want to use the HP-50 with newRPL at work!
Done, and done. It will come out in the next update (in a couple of days).

(11-22-2015 05:31 AM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Make the PI symbol something that can be worked with for the same reason as above.

Constants are not implemented yet. However, if you look at the autocomplete suggestion, you'll notice when you type the symbol pi, it suggests "π0". π0 is a command that returns the numeric value of π, with twice the number of digits you have currently selected in the system. It's not really a constant, you can't use it in a symbolic, but for quick calculations you can use it.
In case you are wondering why the extra digits, it's so you can subtract constants close to π from π0 and still get full precision on the answer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-23-2015 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)