newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-12-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-11-2016 07:06 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  The 100x I mentioned is pure floating point (as in the four basic operations). Transcendental functions are slower, so it depends on how many of them your benchmark has.
Transcendental functions in a benchmark were discussed here, where the speedup of a mix of floating point and transcendental functions shows about twice what you got. Your benchmark shows it is more transcendental-intensive than the benchmark I ran.

As a matter of fact, my benchmark is mainly a succession of transcendental functions, one after the other...

I tried the TMENU functionality. Very powerful. For now I am just using it for quick unit entry and conversion but I see the potential.

I guess that in an upcoming revision, it would be the perfect time implement a basic mathematical soft key menu accessible by pressing the MTH key. For now it would only offer the mathematical function already implemented but its functionality would grow with each new rev...

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 01-12-2016 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)