newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-12-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-12-2016 05:57 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  As a matter of fact, my benchmark is mainly a succession of transcendental functions, one after the other...

That explains the poor performance.

(01-12-2016 05:57 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  I tried the TMENU functionality. Very powerful. For now I am just using it for quick unit entry and conversion but I see the potential.

I guess that in an upcoming revision, it would be the perfect time implement a basic mathematical soft key menu accessible by pressing the MTH key. For now it would only offer the mathematical function already implemented but its functionality would grow with each new rev...

Actually, unit menu will be the first to be implemented, since the units module is finished. Others will follow quickly.
I have just finished the new standalone newRPL compiler, and incorporated it into the build process. Now I can write menus directly in RPL, so I can go much quicker and is easier to modify the menus to add more commands.
But the menus need to include "help" for each command, and that needs to be easily translatable to other languages, and that is another thing I need to figure out how to do.

The goal is: everyone should be able to modify the menus in ROM (since it's plain RPL) and recompile a rom to their liking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 01-12-2016 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)