newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-18-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-18-2016 09:46 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I have installed the new firmware on the HP-49g+. To start with it didn't work, but leaving all batteries out for ten minutes fixed the problem. I couldn't clear the RAM with the ON-A-C key sequence mentioned in post #39 - on my calculation, this brings up a screen saying "EXCEPTION - RPL break requested" and "clear memory" isn't one of the options shown. Is there a way to clear the RAM on a HP-49g+ without taking all the batteries out and waiting?

Sorry, the instructions should read On-A-F.
On-A-C = Break sequence when your program locks up in an infinite loop. Similar to pressing "On" on a 50g, but with a confirmation screen before it interrupts the program, and an option to warmstart or reset.

On-A-F = Similar to the 50g, this is the nuclear option. It allows you to clear the memory but only if you press all 3 shifts when you choose that option in the menu.

In both cases, for warmstart or reset you need at least one shift pressed (to avoid accidents).

(01-18-2016 09:46 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  One possible bug: y^x gives an incorrect answer if asked for a fractional power of a negative number (e.g., try -529 0.5 y^x). I don't know whether y^x is intended to give complex results from real inputs, but it should probably throw an error (like sqrt does) if not.

Nigel (UK)

Complex mode is not implemented yet. When I wrote that command I was planning to implement it quickly, so I didn't bother with the error. Then I guess I moved on to something else and I forgot, so it ended up being published like that (sorry). I think it's about time I implement full complex mode for all commands.

I'll start a new thread to discuss some ideas about complex mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 01-18-2016 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)