newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-20-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download
Hi Claudio,

I have some odd "soft menu" behaviour I would like to report. Maybe it is normal I don't know. This is with the latest firmware but it was probably there before, I don't know.

Lets say I have the "units" soft menu in the top row and my variables in the lower soft menu (the six pack one). I am at root level (HOME).

I create a directory with CRDIR. The directory shows in my variable. I press the soft menu key to go in that directory. The status window updates with the path, the UNITS soft menu is still there and functional. I can go deeper in the tree and the UNITS soft menu stays there.

Now if I power down the calculator and power up again. I am still in the directory I selected but the UNITS soft menu has disappeared. Why ? On the standard firmware the chosen soft menu stays when doing a power OFF/ON.
Also with the top soft menu blank if I UPDIR up to home, it stays blank and not functional . But if I do a power OFF/ON at the HOME level the UNITS soft menu will show back.

Now if the UNITS menu is called while in the subdirectory, this is another matter. It will shows at power up in the sub directory, but not always...

It looks like the system check in the current directory for some information as to what to display in the soft menus upon power up.

As I said, maybe it was always like that, but it would be nice if the soft menus would survive a power cycle, even when the current location has changed.

Another odd behaviour that I am sure everyone knows about: the status area is always blank upon a power ON. It spring to life when a key is pressed but not every keys! Operator keys like + / SIN SQRT will not show the informations in the status window, but number keys and ALPHA letter will.

As always, thank you for the last update. I have check the complex mode and so far have nothing to report. The SD indicator is also a nice addition.

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 09-20-2016 01:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)