newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-22-2016, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2016 10:52 AM by Nigel (UK).)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(09-21-2016 10:36 PM)RMollov Wrote:  I'm not sure what these figures mean. Are you suggesting that 49g+ draws batteries flat even when turned off? Mine (it is 49g+) has been off for a lot longer than a year with the SD card in and batteries were OK.

Cheeers

Yes, that's exactly right. I started doing the power consumption measurements when I noticed that the batteries in my 49g+ flashed with newRPL seemed to keep going flat, even though the same calculator with HP ROM 2.15 had not drained its batteries in several years of occasional use. I believe that one other 49g+ newRPL user has reported the same issue earlier in this thread.

I got my HP 49g+ many years ago, shortly after it was released. I seem to remember that early versions of the ROM had a battery draining problem that went away when HP issued an update - was it ROM 1.20? Maybe the two problems have a similar cause.

Nigel (UK)

Edit: It was ROM 1.22 that fixed the battery life problem - see https://www.educalc.net/281487.page . I don't remember any details, unfortunately.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Nigel (UK) - 09-22-2016 08:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)