newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-25-2016, 04:19 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-24-2016 06:00 PM)Francois Lanciault Wrote:  Hi Claudio,

Just did the update, no problems.

All my variables were preserved, however my directories are gone. Not very stressfull as they were only test directories. I "think" all variables in those directories were preserved and transfered in the home directory­ but I am not sure.

Also couple of new variables magically apeared in "home" alongside my variable. They all look like system variables. Maybe they were ment to be hidden ? The variables are:

Locale - containing a list of item namely the string ".," and a series of numbers.
NumFmt - with a value of 1
.NNNNAAA - containing a list of integer

François

That's not supposed to happen from the previous version but if your version was older it could, as there have been some significant under the hood changes. Once we do the first "official" release, things will be set in stone and any future updates will be fully compatible and these things won't happen, ever.
Even if your directories got corrupted, the system does a sanity check on power up that recovered as much as possible (likely all) of your variables.
Those strange names are when it finds an invalid or corrupted name, it replaces it with a random name in an effort to preserve the contents. The Locale, NumFmt, etc. are normal variables stored in the hidden '.Settings' directory. It seems they were recovered to your HOME as well due to directories becoming invalid.

Just to be sure, you should do SDSTO to store whatever you want to preserve to an SD card, then use ON-A-F and select "Clear Memory" while pressing all 3 shifts simultaneously to completely wipe clean your memory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-25-2016 04:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)