newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
02-28-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
(02-27-2017 04:37 PM)Han Wrote:  This would break backward compatibility, and it seems it would also make it more difficult to use in a program. I agree the string makes it easier to visualize the keycodes, but it seems that in doing so we may have added an extra layer of complexity to parsing the keycodes from a programming standpoint. Having the string be of standard width would help, though (e.g. "7..D" should probably be "7. .D" or something similar so that users can always assume that the keycodes are always some fixed position within the string)

Did you ever need to parse the keycodes in numeric format before? I never had to, and especially considering keyboard will mostly be handled by the forms engine. As far as I can think of, all you'll need is to compare the string with another string to see if the key pressed is the key you expected, something like:

Code:

0 WAIT
CASE
DUP "3" SAME THEN ... END
DUP "7..D" SAME THEN ... END
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED February 21-2017] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 02-28-2017 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)