HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
07-05-2022, 12:55 PM
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available
@Ángel, The point of the recommendation is to help make the 16C simulator intuitive in use for initial explorations (before a user has looked at configuration options).

And that's the importance of the 16KEYS mass key assignment too.

I'm aware that you have deprioritised mass key assignments throughout your excellent math-focused ROMs as you can only provide access to a limited number of functions through the USR keyboard. But well-designed mass key assignments help users with their initial explorations of your Mod/Rom collections (they're very effective in SandMath and 41Z DeLuxe). And mass key assignments needn't limit the user when programming either. The CST key on the DM41x makes it very easy to swap key assignments on the fly, which is especially important with the 16C simulator, as the mass key assignment repurposes the XEQ key - you need to disable the assignment to (XEQ) execute other functions/commands.

I'm sure many users create custom USR keyboard assignments and don't rely on mass key assignments, but I find with your suite of math ROMs, the mass assignments are so well configured, that I'm not motivated to create a single bespoke USR layout. I get greater flexibility using your assignments as they contain great launcher functionality over and above 'straight' assignments.

I know you have the 41CL front of mind when creating your ROMs and my DM41x CST workflow may not have a parallel with the 41CL, but I can only speak of how I use your ROMs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41: New HP-16C Emulator available - jonmoore - 07-05-2022 12:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)