[Prime] Suggestion for a few easy to implement usability enhancements
09-08-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: [Prime] Suggestion for a few easy to implement usability enhancements
(09-08-2015 05:38 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  I am confused by the references to delete-left having no function a at the beginning of a line.

When I tap that key AT the beginning of a line, it begins to delete the previous line.
Yes, but not when you are inside of an input line. The behaviour you describe should not be changed, of course, it should only affect the function while you are editing a line. Example:

- Type in 123456789
- Move the cursor back 4 times, so that is is located between 5 and 6
- If you now press "backspace" it will delete 5
- Next time you press "backspace", it will delete 4, then 3, 2, 1
- If you then press "backspace" again, it will do nothing
- My suggestion is that it should now work as "delete" and delete 6, then 7, 8, and 9, because it is inconvenient that you'd have to use "cursor right"+"delete" or "shift"+"delete" just to delete a few characters right to the cursor in the middle of some editing.
- Normally, you would correct the input and press "Enter", but if you'd continue to delete characters it would stop once the input line is empty. You would still have to press "Esc" to exit the line editing mode in order to go back to the behaviour your describe, so it possible to assign a "recall last input" function to this situation without affecting the functionality you described.

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Prime] Suggestion for a few easy to implement usability enhancements - matthiaspaul - 09-08-2015 07:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)