HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
11-02-2015, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 02:07 PM by Vtile.)
RE: HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
(11-02-2015 12:51 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 12:41 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Hello is there any defacto forum for 50g around in internet (not the official HP support one, since only way to use it is through Google [site:URL arg1 arg2]).

Just did come to my mind, when I were reading on hpcalc.org program lists of HP49/50g and frankly it seems that the evolution have stopped in HP49? So is there any active community corner for 49/50 around the web?? Plus hpcalc.org link listings etc are mainly for HP48xxx while same family line different functionalities etc.

Yes, this very forum.

Ask, comment anything you like concerning 50g and 49g. Fellows here are friendly and with lots of expertise.

Enjoy and learn.

Cheers

JL
That is what I though.. I definedly will and have been. Smile

Only drawback is that this is "museum" both by name and activity and the registration to forum needs a knowledge of archaic HPs or "google fu" about PRIME, the third option is not valid atleast for 50g (the one with RPN/RPL instruction list, should atleast have note at which device).

I challenge the owners of the 50g to go trough the hpcalc.org HP48II, HP49g, (< out of production who knows how long) HP50g program list and test which one works (atleast which doesn't corrupt the memory at start) in HP50g with latest ROM and generate a list of such programs. As a new user now and especially a year ago, I must say it is a bit of a leap to try out a program that is informed to work in HP48II/HP49/50 (with desciption indicating it actually is written to 48 and listed 10+ years ago) without any knowledge of the internal differences of devices. Good example Excel "compatible" spreadsheet program XCALL.

A recent HP calculators should have some sort of living easy to access community, with integrated program libraries and documentation all in one place, compared to many other "big names". Not a damn dusty Museum of calculators forum and separated "information here, but only the old models page". I blame the older generations. Tongue Ie. I find it a bit amusing that most up to date conversation conserning PRIME is under something called museum.org Big Grin

Xcalc does work, but I downloaded it through educalc (after using a hours of google time *huh*) I think and it is somehow updated version compared to one listed to hpcalc.org?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP50g forums / community is there such alive? - Vtile - 11-02-2015 01:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)