CASIO fx-3600P scientific calculator from 1985
11-17-2015, 08:10 PM
RE: CASIO fx-3600P scientific calculator from 1985
(11-17-2015 07:06 PM)Hlib Wrote:  Hi, jebem!
During a few years I used fx-3600pv, and then it was given as a gift for somebody, because this calculator is very primitive for me. What exactly attracted You in it except a price? I sometimes buy old beautiful garbage (МК- 61,52, fx - 6300g etc.) as remembrance about kind old times.

Hello, Hlib,

Yes, we have this engineering/science thing inside us that force me to acquire stuff from time to time just for fun!

From what I see from some of your posts, probably you also are in the same route, no?

I am in a phase of collecting machines from when I was a teenager!
So, I am buying pocket transistor and small valve radios and calculators mainly from the 70's and 80's.

My first calculator at electronics technical school was a CASIO fx-21, and when I stared working I got a HP-55, a HP-67 and a HP-25C.

My first contact with Russian technology (Professional radio transmitters, radar, consumer receivers and calculators) was in 1975 in Mozambique, when CCCP went there for cooperation. I was living there at the time, and I have worked with the Soviets for about 4 years, before returning to Europe.

My electronics background "invites" me to have some strange hobbies for a lot of ordinary people...
Check this valve class A stereo amplifier that I have built in the early 80's (sorry, the site is written in Portuguese).
I spent a small fortune acquiring these high quality expensive high voltage components, but the sound is amazing if one enjoy high fidelity. And above all, I had real fun and very good time designing and building it!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CASIO fx-3600P scientific calculator from 1985 - jebem - 11-17-2015 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)