Statistical Problem MV Analysis
11-25-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: Statistical Problem MV Analysis
To elaborate a bit more on the subject. Yes, this is not a hypothetical case but a real life experiment. The experimental design is as follows:
The price of a product is sampled in 2 regions based on its UPC and from the same chain store operating in both regions to eliminate store differences. Other product prices are sampled in a similar fashion. There are no multiple samples of the same product, meaning that for any product, there are only 2 prices.
The hypothesis is that the price differential is a function of the price of the product, store pricing policy, origin of distribution of the product, the product type (consumable or non-consumable), and the product classification (i.e., food and beverages, clothing and apparel, etc.).
I guess the simplest way would be to undertake a uni-variate analysis of each variable independently. I am wondering whether there is a better approach that is more succinct and illustrative at the same time, capturing the effects of all the variables in one go. Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Statistical Problem MV Analysis - Ender - 11-24-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: Statistical Problem MV Analysis - Ender - 11-25-2015 01:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)