Update of Virtual HP-IL devices
11-24-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: Update of Virtual HP-IL devices
(11-24-2015 06:37 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  Updates of the Virtual HP-IL devices are available at http://hp.giesselink.com/hpil.htm.

It's not quite Christmas yet, but thanks very much for the nice holiday present!

(11-24-2015 06:37 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  The must have for a new version of ILPer:
  • Same window size like before as respect for the limited desktop size of older machines
  • Direct access-able Scope (sorry, JFG and I are developers which want to know what's happen on the loop)
The above two points are a refusal to all these people which are hoping for a larger printer window.

But we personally wanted to have a 2nd Disk drive and the DOSLINK device. So ILPer v2.0 now contain the
  1. Scope
  2. Generic Printer
  3. Disk Drive 1
  4. Disk Drive 2
  5. DOSLINK device

While a larger printer window of course would be 'nice to have', as a very frequent user of these tools, I think you have indeed included the most important feature upgrades. Having 2 Drives and DOSLINK in a single instance of ILPer covers 99+% of my reasons for using ILPILBox, so this is a far simpler, and no doubt faster, configuration.

If I copy from Drive1 to Drive2, does the data move only internally within ILPer (=much faster), or does it pass through the entire loop twice (possibly even slower then original)?

Same for copying Drive2 to Drive1?

I look forward to installing it and exploring in the next couple days. I'll report back here with issues and praise.

Thanks Christoph for the advice to start with new config files; I'm sure doing so will save time hunting for issues we would assume the .vil files were controlling. Where is the new config data stored?

My sincere thanks to both of you for taking the time to continually improve these handy and fun tools, that let us continue to use and explore our HP machines.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update of Virtual HP-IL devices - rprosperi - 11-24-2015 09:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)