why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive
04-11-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive
(04-11-2018 08:47 AM)Zaphod Wrote:  
(04-11-2018 08:20 AM)damaltor Wrote:  , no RPN/RPL though

if only someone could repurpose it with a RPN system ...... after all they do have two very nice Enter keys Big Grin edit ... THREE Enter keys

(I have two voyage200's , one still BIN)

Actually there is such a system. It's called RPN Interface, by Lars Frederiksen. IIRC it works up to HW2, and you have to apply a patch to HW3 that maybe works in HW4 as well. It's brilliant, IMO its UI is superior to anything else (including HP) for algebraic expressions with RPN.

Alas, it can't be perfect in the 89, because there is no 1/x key in the 89. The 92 has a shifted 1/x key (and a shifted EE key). I haven't tested it in the 92, because I don't bother with calculators that don't have a primary EEX key. That idea makes as much sense as not having a primary key for the decimal separator... yes, I'm a bigot.

(BTW, any TI graphing calculator -albeit obsolete- costs more to make than 20$... For instance they've been using polycarbonate for years now. It's nicer, yet way more expensive than the usual ABS you can find in the competition, e.g. Kinpo's HPs. They don't get much love, but these are solid calculators.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: why are TI graphing calculators still so expensive - Manolo Sobrino - 04-11-2018 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)