WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
02-05-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
(02-05-2014 04:39 AM)Bit Wrote:  I ran into this, too. The types in stdint.h conflict with some of the types declared in the WP 34S source. The right thing to do would be to modify the WP 34S source so it doesn't try to override standard types if stdint.h is available, but I haven't yet gotten around to creating a proper fix.

However, the attached patch contains some ugly hacks that'll allow you to get past this problem. (You'll probably have to revert the patch before trying to compile the emulator in the same source tree.) The patch also provides the pointers you asked for in case you'd like to work on a better solution.
Thank you very much for this patch! I learned how to use 'patch' today..... another first for me. That worked very well, and I successfully created the BIN file, and flashed my 30B into a WP-30S. I need to make one more change to main.c file which I forgot to do, but otherwise it seems the calculator is responding as expected.

I will take this opportunity to thank (in no particular order) Pauli, Walter and Marcus - each who have provided me with assistance in getting this far. Thank you!

I will post a video later today, after I take care of the snow that was dumped on my driveway.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose - Sanjeev Visvanatha - 02-05-2014 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)