WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 05:54 PM by Jeff O..)
RE: WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose
(02-06-2014 04:05 AM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  BIN File for anyone interested in flashing a 20B/30B into this basic RPN:

Downloaded and flashed. Overall, I like it. A little hard to use with no overlay, I have to refer to your layout picture. I like that the shift key is where it is on the 30b, as well as the up and down arrows. With practice, maybe I could memorize the function locations. At least I can always just hold the key down to get the function name and keep holding to null it out if I guess wrong.

Just a couple of minor comments/questions:

Do we really need both a SHOW command, which lets you scroll through and view the lettered and numbered registers, and a VIEW command that lets you view any individual register? If not, then SHOW could behave like SHOW on the 42S (and f-PREFIX on the 15C) to show the full mantissa.

Have you considered incorporating Bit's two-line display mode? I think that would be welcome on a basic or beginner’s calculator, so you can see the x and y registers and what happens to them for various operations.

I see that the "h" is lit when you press the shift key. Classically speaking (for example, on the 31E) if there was only one shift key, it was the "f" key, which also was the yellow shift key as you depict. So could we get an "f" instead of an "h"?

Thanks for your efforts.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S --> WP-30S: Reduce / Reuse / Repurpose - Jeff O. - 02-06-2014 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)