Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge II
03-19-2016, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2016 06:14 PM by Vtile.)
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge II
One thing I wonder, why there is 10^x and EEx in many calculators since they have 1:1 function as far as I can see. If 10^x is for getting object from stack it can be also made with EEx ie. by double pressing it as now it doesn't do enything once pressed, valuable keyboard space.

Also when building a keyboard one should in my opinion keep attention of the "good kitchen design" aka minimum travel design. Since atleast on my opinion these should be used fluently also with one hand, like cellphones used to be. In other words the keys around the shifts are the most valuable ones there should be commands mostly needed and ie. programming keys should be the less important ones. Also I would argue that current date, when almost anyone have more computers than just the calc the programming and since alpha keyboards in less significant than few tens years before, because heavy programming task is made with the SDK in PC?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific Calculator Keyboard Challenge II - Vtile - 03-19-2016 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)