[WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
02-02-2014, 01:30 PM
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
(02-02-2014 01:39 AM)Bit Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 01:06 AM)walter b Wrote:  Please see the footnote on p. 155 (of 244) of the manual.
I don't have a printed manual yet, the only thing I could find was footnote 66 on page 139 (of 211) of the PDF manual that begins with "The SI system of units". If that's what you're referring to, I don't understand your point. Can you please elaborate?

Said chapter begins with
CONV mainly provides the means to convert local to common units.
and then points to the footnote which reads:
The SI system of units is agreed on internationally. Meanwhile, it is adopted by all countries on this planet except three. Thus for the overwhelming majority of readers, most of the units appearing in CONV may look obsolete at least. They die hard, however, in some corners of this world (English is spoken in all of them). For symmetry reasons, we think about adding some traditional Indian and Chinese units to CONV.
This table may also give you a slight idea of the mess we had in the world of measures before going metric.

WP 34S project is closed now. We'll repair bugs when somebody detects - we won't add any new content anymore. I read your post and didn't find anything pointing to a bug (maybe I missed something? Then please help me and point me to it.).

OTOH, the whole Imperial stuff takes already too much space in CONV (despite its name, there isn't anything like an 'international foot' in real life). Let those folks crash Mars probes and cry for 7/64 tools as long as they want, I don't care.

d:-/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions - walter b - 02-02-2014 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)