[WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
02-02-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions
(02-02-2014 01:30 PM)walter b Wrote:  Said chapter begins with

I would be the last person on Earth to advocate the use of non-metric units, but unfortunately it's not within my power to phase them out. Given that the calculator provides those conversions already, making them better wouldn't be a statement in favor of obsolete units, it'd only make the WP 34S a better tool.

Since you asked, I think it's arguable that the first point about the U.S. survey units not being presented clearly (are they commonly used in the U.S.? no) or consistently (why isn't the fathom called ftmUS if there's feetUS?) could be considered a bug.

Most of what I've seen about the WP 34S suggested that it is (was?) a very ambitious project with a lot of attention given to detail. Granted, my suggestions are trivial and about a topic that isn't of primary importance, but I believe they are an improvement (certainly points 1, 2 and 4) and as such I thought they'd be a welcome contribution (unless someone points out a mistake I made). I was hoping for feedback on their objective merits rather than a discussion about our likes and dislikes for things we cannot change.

It's funny you mentioned the Mars probe, I bring it up very often in real life discussions but alas people around me don't listen. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP 34S] Ideas for improving unit conversions - Bit - 02-02-2014 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)