Some integrals with problematic evaluation
03-23-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Some integrals with problematic evaluation
Hello, Mr. Wessman,

As a principle, I don't use emulators any more; being that in the past, I did so, then got feedback that under some circumstances the emulator gives a result different from the actual calculator (I believe it was the Casio one, but either way, I cannot ever be sure that they do things the same way under the hood as how the actual calculator does - combined with the fact that the emus tend to lag behind in respect of updates, and at least the TI one is expecting me to pay for it after 30 days... why thanks TI...)

So nowadays I'm having the actual collection of calculators (the Holy Trinity of Nspire CX CAS, HP Prime and Casio CP-FX400; with the 50g as a sidekick). That way I can be sure that the results are what the calculator gives, and similarly, that bugs/crashes/resets for whatever reason are caught. There was an integral that integrated on the Prime ( int(x^5/((x+3)^2),x) ) gave a correct result, BUT pressing the "simplify" button on the result crashed the calc afterwards. I haven't tested if this is reproducible in the emu, but to be honest, I don't think it would have mattered either way.

So okay. I'll put explanation as to how integration results are obtained. I hope I did not upset anyone by posting this way. So now, on to integrate...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some integrals - parisse - 03-23-2016, 06:44 AM
RE: Some integrals with problematic evaluation - quinyu - 03-23-2016 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)