How do I copy a a RAM-module from one 71B to another?
04-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: How do I copy a a RAM-module from one 71B to another?
(04-16-2016 03:10 PM)MattiMark Wrote:  I really can´t get it to work....

My intention is to copy the 32K Math module that I previously (somehow) managed to download to my 71-1 to my 71-2. I have searched the net for info about the ROMCOPY command and, as far as I can understand, it is not a standard HP-71B command, but some special one. I can´t find it anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

/Matti

The above procedure will only work for NON-PROTECTED files. If you have installed the standard ROM Image (file MATHROM size is 32KB) this will not work as that LEX file is Protected. If you have installed the MATHLEX file (size is 27682) this should work.

ROMCOPY is not a built-in keyword, it is a separate LEX file, which must be installed by copying into MAIN or PORT RAM. Once installed (on both machines) on 71-1 you could do ROMCOPY :PORT(1) to FILENAME:MASSMEM, which would copy the entire contents of PORT(1) to a file called "FILENAME" on storage device MASSMEM. Any of the port number, filename and storage device can be changed to whatever you want/need.

Once copied there, replace 71-1 on your loop with 71-2, RESTORE IO, then do ROMCOPY FILENAME:MASSMEN to :PORT(2), again using the desired names and places.

ROMCOPY can be found in many places including the Online LIF file project. If you can't locate it, ask for a copy, I can send you a .LIF file to mount in ILPer so you can install it into your machines.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I copy a a RAM-module from one 71B to another? - rprosperi - 04-16-2016 04:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)