Card Reader breaks cards on writing, reads fine
05-10-2016, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 05:19 PM by damaltor.)
RE: Card Reader breaks cards on writing, reads fine
thanks wojtek, This is pretty much what i did. I followed along the service manual of the reader, disassembled everything, and adjusted the motor current a bit lower to be in spec of the values named in the service manual. On that way i had unplugged and replugged every connector. It seems to work again now.

My guess: After cleaning and fixing everything (and after disassembling the motor itself), the motor was too fast. This might happen if the magnet orientation inside the motor is not correct, which could have happened by disassembling the motor itself. If the Magnet is oriented wrongly, the motor spins faster but with less torque.

Now,if the card goes through too fast, the program data is only written on the card partially, so it cannot be read back correctly. reading old cards worked, because the data was correctly written on the older cards i had written before.

I dont know if the solution was unplugging/plugging all the wires, or adjusting the motor speed - nevertheless, for the moment it seems to work fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Card Reader breaks cards on writing, reads fine - damaltor - 05-10-2016 05:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)