Casio ClassWiz for NCEES
06-07-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Casio ClassWiz for NCEES
Every November the NCEES posts their allowed calculators for the following year. Truthfully, I wouldn't expect the NCEES to add any other Casio's other than the fx-115 series. Why? because that would be extra calculators for their proctors to examine. The fx-115 is cheap and readily available, at least in the US. Sharp seems to be the calculator company that most suffers from the NCEES restrictions, I have not noticed their brand since calculator models were restricted over 10 years ago. I am actually surprised they still list the Hp 33s as it hasn't been made for eight years or so.
As far as constants go, many calculators have them built into the calculator too. The rule of not being able to use the ones printed on your calculator is kind of nit picky and probably unenforceable. Still, I would say, DON'T DO IT! You don't need to introduce extra hassle for an exam that can be this important to your future career.
And the exam is designed for a B average engineering student to take with minimal (40-50 hours maybe) studying to pass (barely, maybe, but pass). Of course, extra studying or being a better student should be able to pass with a lot more confidence (and higher score, you just won't know it, as the NCEES doesn't release the score for passing anymore).
As far as for clearing memory, the NCEES actually doesn't care what you program into your calculator upon entry into the exam. They are concerned with WHAT you may take out of the exam ie questions. That is why calculators are limited to single variable letters ie the Hp 35s is programmable and some sites sell the Hp 35s with preloaded programs for these exams. That wouldn't be possible or practical if the NCEES cleared program memory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Casio ClassWiz for NCEES - pghhp - 06-07-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: Casio ClassWiz for NCEES - Ron Ross - 06-07-2016 04:41 PM
RE: Casio ClassWiz for NCEES - pghhp - 06-08-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: Casio ClassWiz for NCEES - Ron Ross - 06-08-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: Casio ClassWiz for NCEES - pghhp - 11-30-2016, 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)