Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
09-20-2016, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2016 08:06 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators
(09-20-2016 07:28 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(09-20-2016 06:44 PM)Dieter Wrote:  .... in transparent mode clicking on "OFF" exits the emulator – and all data is lost as, unlike the real thing, the emulator does not save anything on exit. What about a state file that preservers everything a real 19C would also keep when turned off?

Yes, I will implement that.

Great. Thank you very much for your quick reply – and an open mind for new suggestions. ;-)

(09-20-2016 07:28 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  The printer buffer in the PIK chip is 21 characters and the firmware prints always 21 characters including leading spaces per line. Obviously I clipped the leading spaces, but now I see they have to be printed. This will shift the printer output by 4 characters to the right. I don't have a real HP-19C, so I didn't know how the printout should look like. Thank you very much for this picture.

My pleasure – this way a good emulator gets even better.

(09-20-2016 07:28 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  [ Clear printout, write output to file ]
Both suggestions are useful and will find their way to the next emulator version.

I'm looking forward to the next version.

BTW, I now am experimenting with an alternate dot matrix printer font. I found one that seems to work quite well, it is called "Receiptional Receipt", and it looks remarkably similar to the one used in the 97 or 19C. Simply do a Google image search and see for yourself. Only the line spacing is a bit narrow, as it is with most other fonts I tried with the 19C emulator. Maybe this can be adjusted within the emulator. Enter a program and print it with this font in 10pt size (maybe with the output moved a few characters to the right and with a bit more line spacing), and it looks quite similar to a "real" printout. However, at least the version I got does not support some special characters like arrows, "√" or "Σ".

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Classic, Woodstock and Spice Emulators - Dieter - 09-20-2016 07:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)