How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
08-04-2016, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 09:53 PM by d b.)
RE: How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us
When I was still surveying; I would have liked a Surveying Pac that:

1) -had the math pac's triangle solutions included. I solved this by buying one. HP may have saved enough space for this by deleting "transit rule" because nobody used it, and "volume of a borrow pit" because one could pretty much use "volume by average end area" to do the same thing.

2) -had point storage built in. Our own Ted Kirber wrote a marvelously small routine to do this but since the ROM called to it's subroutines with local labels, he had to copy all of them into main memory appended to global labels. It worked but took up a lot of space in the duplications.
2a) or one that used global labels on the subroutines

3) -used arc length instead of chord length on curves in "TRAV" like the whole world did and does. This would have speeded up the process and saved a few keystrokes. It might have even saved ROM memory. In a 4k chip, that's important.

With the advent of the (take your pick) 41 co op module, 42, 71, 48sx, the CMT MC series, or the Husky - this all became a non issue, except that many of us would still rather use our 41 than any other calculating device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a custom HP-41 rom for the rest of us - d b - 08-04-2016 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)