Goodies Disks what a gem of resources..
09-02-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Goodies Disks what a gem of resources..
The 48 G series came out between Goodies Disk 8 and 9, so almost all the software on Goodies Disks 9, 10 and 11 are identified as for the 48S/SX only, or G/GX only, or both S and G series.

Therefore everything on the first 8 Goodies Disks runs ok on the S series. I don't remember anybody making a list of which of those programs also run on the G series. However, many of the really nifty old S-series-only programs got rewritten ("ported") for the G series and appeared on GD9, 10, or 11, so be sure to look there first before trying to run an older program on the G series. And there are postings on the later Goodies Disks which describe how to rewrite S-only software to run on the G series, and even how to make software run correctly on both series.

Tangentially related: I still have a dusty old folder on my hard drive called GDNEW (16MB, 1360 files!) which contains goodies from the late 1990's that people either sent to me or which I gathered hither and yon, intending to put them on future Goodies Disks, but then the Goodies Disk Project was abandoned, leaving the GDNEW folder forgotten and forlorn. If you'd like to explore it (you're on your own! I remember nothing about its contents!) you can download it as a 9.5 MB zipfile from HERE. If anything offensive or top-secret is in there, please let me know!

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodies Disks what a gem of resources.. - Joe Horn - 09-02-2016 04:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)