Announcing the "Dare 2 Compare", new version of the Total_Rekall
09-06-2016, 05:23 AM
RE: Announcing the "Dare 2 Compare", new version of the Total_Rekall
(09-05-2016 07:34 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Amazing ! The venerable 41 is moving closer to the young WP 34s...
But there is still a function I would like to have on the 41: the stack shuffle <>
Any hope to see it implemented one day ?

Not sure if it's "moving closer" to the 34S, I wasn't aware of the CASE command being there (don't know that machine that well, I should really). However there are several functions not available on the 34, not that this is a race or anything...

A quick look at the 34 QRG helped me understand your comment - so it's a general-purpose stack arrangement alteration, which corresponds to some standard functions in particular cases but goes beyond that of course. I reckon it should be relatively simple to implement this using ALPHA to hold the "master" string of the stack arrangement, such as "YYZZ"... an interesting exercise but how about practical applications for it?

BTW one of my favorites within the Total_Rekall is the double and multiple indirection functions, i.e. RCL IND IND 23, or STO IND IND ST Z - a nice solution in search of a problem too ;-)

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Announcing the "Dare 2 Compare", new version of the Total_Rekall - Ángel Martin - 09-06-2016 05:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)