Suggestion for new Prime Application
09-26-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Suggestion for new Prime Application
Yessss.

What I want is:

A 10 GHZ device, 1 TB SSD drive with a battery that last 100 years with 1 minute charge. IP68. With a neuronal probe helmet that reads what features I want and implements it on the fly in the device.

It has to be made of a meta-material-electronically-re-shapeable plastic that can reshape and relabel labels, colors and buttons based on the helmet.

Has to cost under 200 USD otherwise is garbage.

Answering to the original OP:

(09-26-2016 05:06 AM)thomasadkins64 Wrote:  I like many things about the HP Prime, and am concerned that many users don't find it similar enough to past products, such as favorites like the HP-48, HP-49 and HP-50 to really embrace it.

And this is unnecessary. I have really enjoyed the HP-28 styled folders for more than 20 years to keep my work projects separate and clean. If I were asked what I miss the most from previous calculators that is not available in the HP Prime it would be:

1. The ability to keep work separate.
Isn't this the same but different concept of cloning a Prime app?
(09-26-2016 05:06 AM)thomasadkins64 Wrote:  
  • The ability to attach programs to soft keys by simply storing them in whatever directory I choose.
  • I agree with this, there should be some kind of customization of the soft keys.
  • The ability to set the dfirectory, set variables in that directory, and then run the programs I have written with a single push of the key very quickly.
  • The ability to NOT SEE extraneous variables or programs and focus more specifically on a particular goal.
  • The ability to prototype applications I would later make libraries. Of course, many were not made libraries -- the prototyping with stored programs and variables attached to keys was all I needed.
  • All these are kind of against the design of the prime. The directory for example is the current app, you can use local variables and duplicate the app and change the variables. The libraries are the app folder itself, you copy it from the conn kit and it appears as a new app...
  • The incredible EFFICIENCY of being able to create a folder, type a short program, perhaps creating a few variables to be manipulated, and having these automatically attach to the soft keys. This allows very fast experimentation, often solving a perplexing problem in just minutes, in a seemingly very natural way.
  • After all these suggestions, wont be easier that HP just puts the whole HP48 rom and an emulator inside the prime as an APP?

My website: erwin.ried.cl
    Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
    Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suggestion for new Prime Application - eried - 09-26-2016 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)