Double quotes question
09-28-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Double quotes question
Basically, this is an artifact of a having a 2D equation editor. The editor you are using in the list editor is not a "text" editor, but rather a 2D equation editor and math input engine that also happens to allow you to stick a string object " " inside it.

What this means however, is that removing just one of the " would force it to 'reflow' the entire equation into a plain text object each time a paired " was removed. This is essentially impossible to always do correctly without introducing errors in quite a few circumstances. The solution was to force "" to remain paired. Note how if you try to delete the last one, it actually just moves the cursor inside the end ".

This behavior hasn't actually changed and has always been this way. The missing piece here is being able to select your sub expression and then put or remove "" () [ ] etc around them, or remove them in pairs. That part is "on the list" for future improvements.

The only way to avoid this would be to use the dumb algebraic mode instead of textbook entry. That doesn't force pairing in the ".

The program/note editor is plain text (that happens to also allow a node to be a 2D expression inside of it), and hence it doesn't need to worry about paired " in those places.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Double quotes question - Dirk.nl - 09-28-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Double quotes question - Tim Wessman - 09-28-2016 05:39 PM
RE: Double quotes question - Dirk.nl - 09-28-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Double quotes question - Mark Hardman - 09-29-2016, 01:45 AM
RE: Double quotes question - Dirk.nl - 09-29-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Double quotes question - StephenG1CMZ - 09-29-2016, 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)