Alternative WP34S flashing using Arduino
04-08-2014, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 10:31 AM by Exophase.)
RE: Alternative WP34S flashing using Arduino
I'm not really sure what's going on with some of the posters here putting words into the OP's mouth and making borderline derisive and dismissive comments.

I'm trying to hop on the WP34S bandwagon as well and if this kind of behavior is what stands for acceptable I may have to count myself out.

This is a perfectly suitable technique, aptly documented, and one of the cheaper solutions (easier as well) out there.

Far cheaper than buying a $25 cable (that you need an official HP programming cable to use in the first place). Also far easier than buying some cheap cable that oh by the way has problems of its own.

Easy and cheap, per my definition, is using parts I already own in conjunction with an outstanding guide. BTW just because the atmel chip is disabled does not mean that one is magically no longer using the arduino to perform the required task.

I also own a few msp430's as well. So what would be impressive to me is if someone that perhaps has one laying around on their desk could contribute to the hobby by showing us how to use them in the same fashion. If one is not to busy making other "contributions" that is.

Of course this means that the msp430 method would not be a new method by definition because of reasons that don't really seem reasonable.

Edited for reasons.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative WP34S flashing using Arduino - Exophase - 04-08-2014 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)